Thursday, February 21, 2013

Those days....

Its been one of those days.

You know "those" days?!

I'll give you a hint:

Pepper " Mum I really wish I was as old as you right now!"
Me " Why on earth? just enjoy being four!"
Pepper " No!.I want to be old now!. That way I can be grumpy and smack kids!"

Were we riding our bikes out in the sunshine this afternoon after a rough morning.

Yeah not my finest morning, or evening the night before, or whole of the night really with kids waking me up three times and ending up in my bed kicking me in the head and lounging all over me in general.

It all just got too much as it does sometimes.

The enormity and the foreverness of my life as I know it just gets too much sometimes....

The high of the new school term has dulled right down and reality has hit and we are back into routine of doing as we are told by society in general......

Homework every night. Spelling every morning.

There are demands on us all and I am finding it all very overwhelming as everyone needs a piece of me and there is nothing left to give somedays. I feel exhausted.

I need to get out to the gym.....

We have a lot on. Lots physically and lots emotionally that I am finding it really hard to sleep properly and am lying awake for a few hours at a time at ridiculous hours of the early morning.

But I push through.....................cry a little but need to cry a lot....

I am sure tomorrow will be brighter. It has to, its Friday!!!

I already feel better just airing out my insanity......

Please tell me I am not the only one who has these days that you really just want to stay in bed.

12 comments:

  1. I hope your win today brightened this day - hang in there for the weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Emma's teacher and I had to chase her around the school grounds this morning as she was refusing to stay at school.

    You are not the only one who has those days!

    Hugs Xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Bron, I am totally feeling like that. Totally totally totally get it. There is no end in sight! At least if you needed a break from work you get annual leave... Better yet you can quit and find a new job!!!!!!!! Hope tomorrow is a better day. I had a day like that on Tuesday. Wish I was better at writing about it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Susan, Mum to MollyFebruary 21, 2013 10:34 PM

    Oh Bron

    No way are you alone in this.

    I find this time of year particularly bad...

    After a summer break of it all being so much slower, easier, less demanding of us.

    And then BAM! School's back and the demands on time go crazy.

    You are in very good company my friend.

    "Nobody told me there'd be days like these, noone said there'd be days like these..."

    Hugs, S xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm with you on this one. Why can't they just sleep. Just one night. And if they cannot sleep, why can't they just crawl into bed and lay still? Why do they have to make us feel we have been in a boxing match ontop of being sleep deprived?

    And I totally understand the homework gripe. Don't we have enough to do during the day that the teachers have to give us homework? Becuase you know that they know that we will end up doing the homework just to get it done with minimal tears.

    I think you deserve a good cry. And then some alone time at the gym. You have that triatholon to prepare for after all.

    Because really you didn't have enough on your plate!!

    Sending every positive mom vibe your way.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hear you Bron and you are in my thoughts. Naomi xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Bron, I hear you so very clearly (even from the other side of the world).

    I know our tough days are dramatically different, but right now I think I will scream if I have to jam one more reluctant kid into another coat, scarf, hat, glove, snow pants, balaclava, ensemble... Just to walk up the road to school too.

    And don't get me started on homework. It kills me that I can't help Sofie with most of hers these days - as her mother I should be able to, but realistically I don't even understand the question most of the time.

    Hang in there, and make space to cry. The crying part is important, and I try to do it often. It is a small thing, but it helps.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh god do I know. The other day was my bday and I just wanted to be left alone. Brendan wanted to do something fun as a family and I was like get them away! I give all I have all the time, I just want to run away sometimes!!

    I laughed so hard at Pepper's comment!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You're so not the only one! And life is made SO much worse by lack of sleep. I felt like I was losing my breath while I read this post because I feel that way often. Hope you're feeling better now. xo

    ReplyDelete
  10. I just read this and No No no, you are definitely not alone!!!!! My youngest has sleeping issues and, although he is much better, there are times when he wakes up at 3 in the morning ready to play. Sleep deprivation definitely makes everything 10 times worse. It seems that one way you battle through it is with your art of photography. i find that the arts are such a great tool for weathering life. Thank you for sharing yours.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Big hugs. those days really suck. I'm sorry you had one. I really struggle without enough sleep too and then I feel so bad afterwards. None of us are perfect and that is ok because we are human and we do the best we can because even on the days we are a bear, we still love unconditionally and that is the important thing. And our kids know. They have bad days too.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have just been catching up on some of your posts that I have somehow missed. I just saw your triumph at completing a mini triathlon- wow!! You have done so well in such a short time. Boy it is all about the highs and lows isn't it. I am grateful for your honesty. I have been having a few of 'those' days lately. It is so overwhelming to be in the moment and so encouraging to know that we are not alone.

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for leaving a comment and sharing our journey. Lovely to meet you via blogging and thankyou for your words. Bron

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...